Lovejoy, a business in the Timken family of brands, is looking to hire a Quality Engineer.
The Quality Engineer is primarily responsible for project activity including CMM programming for inspecting and recording dimensions from blueprints and applicable specifications utilizing specified gages and methods to ensure the quality requirements are met. The Quality Engineer will support continual process improvements, investigate customer complaints and develop corrective action while addressing root cause.
- Program and operate CMM machine
- Support manufacturing by measuring and assessing product quality using a variety of measurement techniques including traditional surface plate layout techniques, variety of hand gauging methodologies and automated inspection equipment.
- Gauge Calibration Administration, tool and gauging evaluation and measurement system analysis (gauge R&R)
- Timely and accurate product disposition, reporting and/or communication. Provide inspection services of product in accordance to defined requirements.
- Prepare document inspection reports in accordance with company policy, procedure or customer specific requirements. Independently perform first article inspections.
- Interpret customer specifications to part conformity.
- Maintain records in accordance to record retention policies.
- Support inspection operations by the development, support, qualification, maintenance and control of automated inspection programs.
- Provide customer support (internal or external) within areas of defined competence.
- Participate in internal auditing functions, as appropriate, to ensure effective organizational operations.
- Generate required documentation to ensure effective product traceability and record retention of inspection activities.
- Support organizational improvement activities by acting a team member in improvement functions.
- Support organizational departmental cross training initiatives by becoming cross trained in various skill blocks within the Quality function as defined and agreed upon by supervision.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Work independently with limited supervision.
- Collaborate with all departments and assist with any technical issues.
- Support customer quality complaint handling with root cause analysis and corrective action to prevent re-occurrence.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Two or more years in quality systems and procedures in a manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of measuring techniques and tooling.
- Beginner Knowledge of ISO9001 requirements for quality systems
- Associates degree is required; Bachelor's degree is preferred
- Two or more years in quality systems and procedures in a manufacturing environment is required; five years of experience is preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.