Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Senior Specialist, Accounts Receivable, you will be responsible for the daily management of a dedicated portfolio of the highest-level key customers defined by complexity, volume, credit exposure/risk and/or other factors. You'll focus on maximizing cash collection by analyzing account performance, improving the status of delinquent accounts and communicating with internal and external customers to increase cash flow and reduce risk. If you're excited by the challenge of connecting with clients, building relationships and seizing opportunities, take your career to the next level with XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Build solid relationships and foster effective communication with customers, sales, and BU leadership
- Maintain daily communication with customers via email and phone regarding payment status
- Conduct and interpret complex research, analyze trends to improve customer payment performance
- Research trends and identify opportunities for process improvement within assigned portfolio
- Work with customers within and outside the organization to resolve disputes
- Leverage collection software (HRC) and Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups) to meet goals
- Prepare credit memos, check requests and write-offs for credit management approval
- Develop and track action plans to meet monthly individual and team goals
- Maintain account/invoice-level notes
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 2 years of cash applications and commercial collections experience
It'd be great if you also have:
- Associate degree in Business or Accounting, or equivalent related work or military experience
- Previous collection software experience (HighRadius, Get Paid, etc.)
- Oracle, SAP, or Power BI experience
- Experience with online banking, lockbox and customer payments
- The ability to identify opportunities to increase accuracy and optimize resources, as well as develop, recommend and implement solutions
- Prior exposure to management of large (high volume) AR accounts within a portfolio and improving/sustaining such an account for an extended period
- Development of individual analysis on various accounts to assist in management of larger customers with increasing accuracy and efficiency via software tools (i.e. Pivot Tables, V/H-Lookups in Excel)
- Prior knowledge of interaction between Collections and other business segments in order to leverage insight and understanding of larger customers (working with Billing, Pricing, Sales, Customer Service).
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.