Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
This is a hybrid position with occasional travel to Charlotte, NC.
As the Senior Analyst, Tax Provision, you will support the company's global income tax accounting, reporting and tax return compliance functions. Join us at XPO, and we'll give you the support you need to excel at work, and the resources to build a career that will exceed your expectations. Please note that this position is in scope to transition to the brokered transportation services company that will be created with the planned separation of XPO's North American Transportation business from its less-than-truckload (LTL) business. For more information, please see our public statement.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Assist with the global quarterly and annual global consolidated tax provisions under U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and ASC 740
- Assist with the preparation of income tax disclosures for SEC filings
- Strive to maintain accuracy and completeness for all income tax general ledger accounts
- Develop and maintain work papers, processes and procedures required to prepare tax provisions and tax returns
- Assist with the tax team's reporting of forecasts and actual results to upper management relating to effective tax rates, cash taxes and special projects
- Run analyses/modeling for the tax implications of transactions, tax planning projects, new ASU and pending accounting and tax legislations
- Assist with the tax team's contribution to merger and acquisition initiatives, including due diligence and integration matters
- Aid in the research of various domestic and international tax issues
- Provide support on other tax-related analyses and special projects
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 2 years of experience preparing and/or reviewing U.S. GAAP income tax provisions (ASC 740) for multinational companies
- Advanced Excel capabilities and proficiency using other Microsoft Office products including Word and PowerPoint
- Self-starter attitude
It'd be great if you also have:
- Advanced degree in Accounting, Taxation or equivalent
- CPA credentials
- 3 years of experience preparing and/or reviewing U.S. GAAP income tax provisions (ASC 740) for multinational companies
- Experience administering SharePoint
- Experience with Oracle and HFM
- Experience with Onesource Tax Provision, Longview Tax Provision, or Corptax Provision software
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.