First things First: Who are we?
First Student, Inc. & First Transit is the largest passenger transportation company in North America, we provide passenger transport and maintenance services to municipalities, school districts, and the general public in the U.S. and Canada. Our 4.8 billion operations are headquartered in Cincinnati, OH, and employ more than 96,000 employees at 1,200 locations in 38 states and 7 Canadian provinces.
Commodity Specialist Responsibilities:
- Administration lead for maintenance of the contracts database including the monthly review of expiring agreement. This associate will also develop reports from the database as requested.
- Super user for both the indirect and direct purchase order software. Responsibilities include user training, assisting with question submitted via the procurement help desk and management of the suppliers for each software.
- Super user for the administration of the department Docusign process
- Administration lead for the procurement help desk service
- Develop department communications that will go out to select internal customers.
- Develop participate in new location manager training sessions as they are schedule by each operating company.
- Manage and maintain several Indirect commodities
Commodity Specialist Qualifications:
- College degree
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills required – specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic business environment.
- Must be a quick thinker with excellent problem-solving ability.
- Able to work independently and in a group setting.
- Ability to learn and adapt to varied work assignments.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills are needed for dealing effectively with all customers and suppliers.
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Student or First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we're stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We're committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you'll have a positive impact on others.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Student, Inc. & First Transit.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.