HD Supply, a Home Depot company, is seeking a Distribution Center Operations Manager to oversee the inbound operations in our West Sacramento, CA facility. Our facility in Burlington, NJ is over 500K SF. Reporting to the building leader, you will directly coach and lead a team of 2 assistant managers, and a total team of approximately 25+ associates. You will provide strategic and innovative leadership regarding employee engagement, process improvement and KPI tracking. As a key member of the leadership team, you will help us to provide performance to our customers, shareholders and associate family. Your day will start at 4 am with flexibility to meet business needs.
- Bachelor's degree is plus but not required.
- 6+ years of experience in high volume, 300K Sq. Ft.+ distribution environment.
- 2+ years direct management experience of 2-5 direct reports and 50+ indirect.
- Strong analytical and process improvement experience.
- Inbound, receiving, replenishment and put-away.
- KPI reporting and coaching around data.
- Effective organization and prioritization skills.
- Experience with 5S, lean processes, Six Sigma.
- Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- SAP EWM or similar warehouse management software experience.
- MS Office proficiency, strong MS Excel.
Perks of working for HD Supply includes:
- We're growing!
- Comprehensive benefits plan on first day (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits.
- Advancement Opportunity with Fortune 500 company.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Quarterly Bonus Eligibility
Lead the operation of a Distribution Center in support of company goals. Provide input and feedback on all operations processes and results to DC Manager. Responsible for providing input to DC Manager for departmental strategic and operations planning, financial management, operational reporting and communication, fleet management, departmental process improvement, compliance, and inventory management.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides departmental input to DC Manager for development of operating plans for warehouse and transportation operations in support of organizational goals including facility, equipment and staff.
- Identifies departmental financial resources necessary to support operating plan and provide cost justification for departmental spending; participates with DC Manager in the development of department operating budgets.
- Provides process improvement recommendations to DC Manager and implements process improvement action plans within the department. Conducts routine departmental analysis on functions, processes, asset utilization (equipment, resources, and labor) and communicates results of departmental analysis to DC Manager.
- Leads associates to be fully compliant with all safety and Hazmat rules and regulations, legal regulations, and human resource policies; ensures safety and security of associates, facility, equipment, and inventory relevant to department. Reports safety and security discrepancies to DC Manager.
- Manages performance of Assistant Manager and/or hourly associates and recognize, train, coach, counsel, and take corrective action when warranted.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.