Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Inside Sales Associate, you will generate new sales revenue and identify business opportunities for company services. If you love searching for new business and you're good at closing the deal, join us at XPO. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Develop and maintain Full Truckload (FTL) business throughout North America
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high sense of urgency
- Prospect for leads to build a pipeline, including heavy cold calling
- Nurture accounts to retain existing relationships and to grow share of business
- Use traditional and electronic communication tools to contact former, current and prospective customers
- Create quotes and sales proposals for company services; collaborate with the team on pricing decisions, supplier selection and timing
- Translate business opportunities into incremental revenue through strong selling; succeed at heavy price and service negotiations with customers and carriers
- Accurately maintain and update information in the company's operating systems
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
It'd be great if you also have:
- An interest in building a career with a growth-oriented company
- Proven ability to negotiate deals with a high sense of urgency
- Experience in direct sales; experience working in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to build client relationships quickly to establish and maintain a profitable book of business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work as part of a team
- Business-minded work style with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.