OEC Group offers hybrid work, competitive salary, a full benefits package, opportunities for professional growth and so much more!
What we're looking for...
- 5+ years experience handling ocean export shipments.
- Proficient in MS Excel, strong organization, follow up and communication skills.
- Cargowise experience is a plus!
About OEC Group
Established in 1981, OEC Group is one of the leading NVOCC freight forwarding companies. We provide our customers with import and export services, as well as, door-to-door services for both international and domestic needs. We remain competitive by offering a wide range of logistics services, including: ocean and air freight, rail, trucking, warehousing and distribution, customs brokerage, cargo insurance and more.
About the Position Duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Manage communication with carriers regarding contract term maintenance, rate negotiation, space protection and any type of equipment dispute in general.
- Update the internal system with any new/updated rates.
- Collaborate with Sales Representatives for RFQs.
- Gather shipment information, create new bookings, handle documentation and data entry.
- Negotiate rates with carriers and truckers.
- Issue rate quotes to customers and overseas offices.
- Liaising with customers to obtain information to ensure correct measures are in place and customers' needs are met.
- Issue correct documentation as set out in the instructions obtained.
- Arrange on time pick up and deliveries for cargo.
- Maintain all files ensuring they are billed correctly in accordance with procedures provided by management.
- Coordinate with overseas offices, customers, vendors, etc.
- Follow up on daily report for tracking and tracing of shipments, ensure bills of lading and pre-alerts, are issued in a timely manner.
Chicago Office 8:00 am - 5:00 pm CST
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Education & Experience
- Associates degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience handling the A-Z process for ocean export shipments.
$55,000-$65,000 annually based on education and experience level.
Perks & Benefits of OEC Group
After successfully completing and passing a standard 90-day introductory period the employee is provided with the following benefits package. This includes:
- Hybrid/flexible work schedule
- Individual Health Insurance Coverage (Medical, Dental and Vision) - Paid for by the company
- Life and Accidental Insurance Coverage
- Vacation, Personal and Floating Days
- Biannual Performance Review with opportunities for mid-year salary adjustment and year-end bonus (contingent upon company financials and on-the job performances)
- 401K Plan with up to 3% company match
OEC Group provides a fun, family-oriented work culture. We are a well-established company that is continually growing and looking for strong team players. We often host company outings such as team dinners, holiday parties, company picnics, and team building activities!
OEC Group has implemented a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all employees and new hires. After receiving a conditional offer, OEC Group will request proof of vaccination or an upcoming scheduled appointment.
OEC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.