This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Peter Wittwer has provided freight forwarding services and customized logistics solutions to meet the needs of companies who export or import goods around the world for more than 50 years, establishing a rock-solid reputation for reliability in the freight forwarding industry in the process.
We are seeking a motivated individual with experience in international export freight management. This is a fast paced forwarding operation.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide pricing quotation and accept orders for booking export shipments
- Ensure completeness and correctness of export documentation
- Perform AES filings
- Adhere to and develop processes and procedures for maintaining and ensuring governmental compliance
- Coordinate shipping, delivery and customs process with international agents, shipping lines, and carriers
- Tracking of outbound shipments with ocean and air freight carriers and dissemination of status to clientele
- Deep understanding of FCL/LTL/TL and air carrier and delivery process
- Accurate and timely distribution of documentation
- Arrangement of timely cargo pickup and delivery
- Negotiation of freight rates with common carriers and warehouses
- Ability to perform in multinational office environment
- Establishment of best practices and the performance of duties in accordance with internal and client-established KPIs
- Minimum of 5 years experience in handling export customer service.
- Have ability to speak multiple languages
- Be exceptionally organized and detail-oriented
- Experienced in high energy multitasking environment
- Experienced in MS Excel and MS Word
- Must be able to work in U.S.
- 401(K) with match
- Health Insurance
- Bonus Plan