Responsible for responding to inbound calls providing customer service and responding to inquiries on general account information. Gather and translate all necessary customer account information and internal data to ensure the ability to collect receivables.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Performs accurate and timely entry of customer selection(s) into order processing system.
- Monitors and tracks customer orders in accordance with credit and collection standards and to ensure on-time delivery.
- Responds to general customer account inquires received via the telephone, e-mail, and fax correspondence.
- Performs necessary follow-up to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Utilizes business systems to document notes and conduct information gathering.
- Resolves issues with customers including processing adjustments on late charges and overages/shortages based on pre-established guidelines.
- Performs to monthly department standards audits including call assessments, proper account notation, updating account records with accurate contact information, and, timely response to general account inquires received via phone, email or fax.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- No travel required.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.