Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay starts at $19.56
As the Mechanic Specialist, your strong work ethic and attention to the small details will ensure the continued growth of the organization. We will equip you with the best tools in the industry to grow and develop to a level that will exceed your expectations and help you reach your career goals.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Spend 50% of your day performing maintenance, service, and repairs on trailer doors and Safestack Systems to units parked at the dock.
- Spend 50% of your day working alongside technicians in the shop to complete minor trailer repairs
- Enter job times and parts on repair orders to track activities
- Operate specialized tooling and vehicles
- Ensure work area is always clean, safe, and well-maintained by reporting any damage or negligence to management immediately
- Interact with operations management and shop management
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- A valid driver's license
- Basic mechanical skills
- Basic computer skills for documenting maintenance, service, and repair activities
- Basic hand tools
- A desire to become a trailer mechanic
It would be nice if you had:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior mechanical training or experience
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.