Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of the Role:
Timken seeks a mechanical engineer with experience and knowledge of applied tribology. The individual leads the planning and execution of R&D projects, whose focus applies innovative value-added solutions to new product and process development. This cutting-edge role utilizes experimental and computational tribology efforts to improve tribological componentry such as rolling element bearings.
An individual holding this position is expected to be experienced in basics of tribology (friction, wear, and lubrication).
1. Responsibilities of this position support of Timken's core business, represent Timken through high quality research, and establishes and maintains liaisons inside and outside of the company.
2. Project responsibilities include conceive, plan, and execute related solutions, while critically analyzing and reporting technical data. This role participates on, and supports, a cross-functional team which develops new products, advances bearing fundamental, delivers value-add engineered models, and support business growth through explained solutions.
3. This position will have responsibilities in experimental wear studies, wear modeling predictions, and damage analysis. The position requires experience in designing, executing, and analyzing tribology tests.
4. Presenting to customers, working in a team environment, managing projects, MATLAB coding, and general problem-solving skills.
5. Representing Timken by giving presentations and publishing high quality technical research papers.
Technical and Functional Skills:
Technical background: A generalist in tribology, with a solid understanding in mechanical engineering disciplines, is required. Good problem-solving skills are essential to this role.
Project management: Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and execute project responsibilities.
Team Skills: Ability to work effectively with co-workers and as part of a larger technical team.
Programming skills: Coding experience with MATLAB is preferred.
Analytical Skills: Ability to collect, organize, analyze, and interpret differing algorithms, theories as they relate to tribology.
Technical writing: Ability to write and publish technical reports
- Master's degree in Engineering with 5+ years of relevant industrial experience, or
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.#IND-ENG