Warehouse Worker - Order Selector - 2nd Shift - $19.00 - $21.50 Per Hour - $1,500 Sign On Bonus(Job Number: 2212263)
Penske Logistics is looking for order selectors at our food warehouse in Dayton, NJ. Pallet jack and reach truck experience a plus. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant, outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment.
- Monday-Friday, 3:30pm-12am
- 18.00/hour base pay rate
- $1.00/hour shift incentive
- Paid breaks
- Up to $2.50+ per hour performance incentive
- Overtime available
- $1,500 sign on bonus, $500 to be paid out after 31 days of hire, $500 to be paid out after 61 days of hire, and $500 to be paid out after 91 days of hire!
- Accurately stage and sort products for loading
- Loads and unloads trailers
- Sorts and places parts in racks or other designated areas
- Package or kit finished product for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, labeling)
- Electronically scan products using a warehouse management system
- Ensure damaged products are identified and removed when received
- Complete daily logs
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line
- Maintains inventory records
- Operate forklifts, pallet jacks and a variety of warehouse mechanical equipment (where applicable)
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- At least 1 year of warehousing or material-handling (using hand/power tools and hand truck) equipment experience required
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Proficient reading skills and ability to follow directions required
- Ability to work independently, customer service, dealing with others, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, flexible, excellent with numbers and time management skills required
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required (where applicable by location)
- Flexible to work overtime preferred
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
This position is designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The associate must be able to hear, understand, and distinguish speech and/or other sounds (e.g., machinery alarms, medical codes or alarms).
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.