Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
As the Indirect Tax Analyst, you'll support the company's income tax return compliance process, state income tax provision, sales/use tax return preparation, state tax audits and state tax planning. Become a part of our growing, dynamic team and we'll help you build a career that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Support for the preparation of state income tax returns, estimates, provision, audits and planning
- Assist with process improvements pertaining to the tax return and provision process such as workpapers, automation and state tax audits
- Assist with preparation of indirect tax returns including property tax and sales/use tax
- Collaborate with the tax team to create reports and work on special projects for upper management in areas including effective tax rate, cash taxes and indirect taxes
- Assist with sales and use tax audits as the primary liaison between the state and GXO
- Research various state tax issues to ensure accuracy within compliance and the tax provision
- Assist with quarterly and year-end income tax provision process
- Maintain accuracy and completeness for all tax general ledger accounts
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of related state tax experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
It'd be great if you also have:
- Advanced degree in Accounting or Taxation
- Experience with CorpTax, Longview, and Alteryx software
- Experience with Oracle and HFM
- Solid organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We engineer smarter, faster, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.