Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Operate CNC Lathes and CNC Mills
- Perform all duties as assigned in a safe and efficient manner with an emphasis on quality. Follow Company and departmental procedures, including regular attendance and punctuality. Follow all safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition. Report any unusual conditions or situations to Set-Up Person or Supervisor.
- Operate to machine component parts from bar stock, O.D. and I.D. size, facing, chamfer, grooving, drilling or other machine requirements.
- Load parts, cycle machine, check parts at designated intervals per inspection plan and make necessary adjustments to maintain quality characteristics of parts per print specifications throughout machining operations.
- Run 1st piece part, make necessary adjustments to attain quality characteristics per print specifications.
- Package and tag parts, complete all required paperwork.
Operators are normally required to properly handle, carry move, lift and place piece parts weighing from several ounces up to 9 lbs. each during the normal operation of the machine. Operations with piece parts weighing in excess of 9 lbs. will be required when loading bar stock. Operators may be required to handle, push, pull lift or carry up to 45 lbs. loading bar stock. Die carts and other lifting/moving devices are required to be used when possible. Operators are required to handle, push, pull, move and/or lift boxes, racks, pans or bins of parts weighing up to 35 lbs. manually or by use of lifting/moving equipment. Operator may be required to move gauging equipment, skids or containers of parts, chips, coolant etc. manually, or by the use of pallet lifters/movers, two-wheel hand dolly, die cart/lifter, carts etc. to and from all parts of the facility.
Normal industrial environment/conditions. Exposure to collants, oil, and greases
Job Qualification Requirements
General machine aptitude, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division of whole numbers including decimals, conversion of metrics, ability to read and understand blueprints and the use of various gauging equipment.
CNC operating exposure
Machine, Tools, Equipment, Software;
Various CNC machines, Ganish lathe, Haas mill, bench grinders, fixed gauges, plug gauges, micrometers, O.D. & I.D. calipers, optical comparator and various other gauging equipment, basic hand tools, two-wheel hand dolly, die cart/lifter, pallet lifter, weigh scale.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.