Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
As the Senior Manager, Human Resources, you will partner with global functional teams to coach and advise on people and culture matters. You will have overall responsibility to lead the HR team across the allocated sites, ensuring proper management and deployment of all aspects of the full employee cycle while embracing global, regional and local HR policies, programs and strategies in compliance with the HR operating model. We'll look to you to champion our values, ensuring a differentiated and engaged workforce and an exciting career for yourself.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Act as an advisor and coach for senior leadership in all aspects of the HR employment cycle
- Ensure all HR activities and programs are delivered following the HR operating model, current policies and practices
- Partner with leadership to implement strategies focused on increasing employee engagement and retention
- Support leaders to administer and enforce corporate policies and programs related to HR
- Ensure legal compliance throughout the human resource environment
- Support the business to promote and drive employee engagement
- Lead annual workforce planning process that focuses on determining strategic workforce priorities and implementing appropriate solutions
- Administer and assist in the development and implementation of the performance management cycle; provide guidance and direction to employees with an emphasis on maintaining a high-performing work environment centered around coaching, counseling, policies, procedures and standards
- Provide guidance and coaching to management to help develop a strongly performing team and continuous development culture
- Play a consultative role to employees, managers and leaders to manage organizational change
- Collaborate with the talent management and compensation teams to ensure best practices are achieved while focusing on a balance between business deliverables and talent needs
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 5 years of experience in Human Resources
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; ability to learn and achieve proficiency in new software applications
It'd be great if you also have:
- PHR or SHRM Certification
- Experience in managing/leading individuals
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Solid attention to detail and follow-up skills with the ability to identify and resolve problems
- Analytical, quantitative and numerical skills
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment
- Solid research skills with an emphasis on results and a focus on quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized, and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Ability and commitment to adopt and embrace GXO's values
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.