Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
We look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. As the Senior Director, Solutions Engineering, you'll be responsible for the overall management of Solutions Engineering functions and will provide strategic thought leadership to the organization. You'll also manage internal and external customer expectations, communication of expectations throughout the company, as well as communication of company capabilities, recommendations and strategic initiatives to customers. We look to you to champion GXO values, ensuring a differentiated and engaged workforce.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Work creatively with Sales and Operations to design, propose and present solutions to customers' complex supply chain challenges, including designing solutions for new business, resolving issues, establishing budget, developing supply chain strategy, and handling solution design, pricing, financial performance and growing strategic accounts
- Create and maintain internal customer alignment and ensure the functional team structure supports corporate objectives
- Serve as a key contributor in establishing and deploying initiatives that support the overall objectives
- Stay current on supply chain industry trends
- Communicate external market information to key stakeholders in the organization
- Provide strategic thought and leadership to the organization for new services, product development, competitive environment, and short-term and long-term strategy
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 7 years of progressive leadership experience in a supply chain or warehousing environment
- Successful experience designing solutions and network optimization in a supply chain environment
- Experience training and developing individual talent and high-performing teams
It'd be great if you also have:
- Business, Project, Financial and Quality Management experience
- 10 years of engineering and managerial experience in Industrial or Solutions Engineering, with specific expertise in operational layout and material flow in distribution center environments
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to interact well with all levels of the organization and external customers, up to and including C-suite
- In-depth knowledge of supply chain industry best practices
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.