Maintenance Technician $10,000 Bonus
As a Maintenance Technician, you will get the chance to use your technical and mechanical knowledge and skills to help us keep our trucks running! With one of the Nation's largest fleets, providing an essential service to customers and communities everywhere, you will play an important role in making sure our fleet is reliable, keeping our drivers and communities safe and running.
- Earn $60,000-$80,000
What you will do:
- Work in partnership with drivers, dispatchers, and leadership to perform necessary repairs, maintenance, or inspection or troubleshooting of:
- Diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks including, but not limited to, chassis components, vehicle refuse bodies and control systems, hydraulic, electrical, air brake systems, general engine work, HVAC components, suspension, drive train, diesel emissions and steering systems with limited supervision.
- When necessary, perform basic tire work. (Ex. replacement, tire rotation, and tread depth checks).
- Perform road service calls to help colleagues during emergency breakdowns.
- Use computers to diagnose or understand failures and begin repairs.
- Complete required documentation utilizing software programs associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures and report any safety or employee experience issues immediately to leadership.
What you will need to be successful:
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications (T1-T8) are a plus but not required.
- Commercial Driver's License is a plus but not required.
- Good time management skills to ensure all work is completed within standard repair times.
- Strong communication skills to share technical details about repairs or tasks.
- Ability to work early mornings, nights, some holidays, and weekends.
- Perform work indoors with occasional need to perform road calls.
- Good problem-solving skills to address unexpected issues.
- Desire to work as a team, while helping and interacting respectfully with each other.
Why you will love this job!
- You will be making a difference in your community by helping us keep our fleet running so we can provide an essential service to our customers.
- You will work for a company that cares about your safety and well-being, with great benefits and offerings to keep you healthy, safe and well.
- You may have the opportunity to make more money with overtime.
- You will be provided all required PPE, including work boots and all-weather gear.
- You will have an allowance to build your toolbox, on us!
- You can keep the dirt at work – laundry service for your company-provided uniforms.
- You will have a chance to advance your technical and leadership skills through on-the-job training, growth and development.
- You will work alongside great colleagues from a variety of diverse backgrounds and experiences who are committed to serving our customers and communities together.
- You will be given the chance to provide feedback in our inclusive culture, through regular interaction with leadership and our confidential employee experience survey.
Why choose Republic?
Joining Republic isn't just about taking on a new job, it's about making a commitment to create a more sustainable world together. Our people provide an essential service, serving and impacting customers, neighborhoods, and communities everywhere.
As a company, we are proud of our values and encourage those who share in our aspirations to join our team:
- We protect our colleagues and communities through safe practices everywhere, every day.
- We are committed to serving our customers and communities by going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
- We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by being environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable world.
- We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
- We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique potential and dignity of every person.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.