Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Principal Software Engineer, you'll help lead and mentor a team of developers, create technical solutions around business goals, develop solution strategies, as well as motivate and mobilize resources. You will help create and develop brand new platforms that have a direct impact on the business.
You will also have the opportunity to work with the latest cutting-edge technologies such as .Net Core, Angular, Containers, NoSQL databases, as well as a GCP environment. While there is minimal maintenance work, most of this role is focused on true build and enhancement. Join us as we disrupt and transform the transportation industry through technology.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Build industry-changing applications for multiple business units across the enterprise
- Assist with leading a team of developers to build Microservices, .NET Core, Angular, Messaging, C#, SQL and mobile applications
- Work closely with Data Scientists to develop new platforms
- Oversee project timelines, scope and delivery
- Set design guidelines and work on wireframes and business requirements
- Coordinate with business stakeholders on projects
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 5 years of .NET development experience
- Experience with the fundamentals of Microservices, C#, .NET
- Experience with SQL databases, building processes, web and mobile development
- Overall SDLC experience including Test driven development, QA and DevOps/AIOps Processes
It'd be great if you also have:
- 10+ years of development experience
- Experience leading developers onshore and offshore
- Experience managing projects using agile and scrum methodologies
- Cloud computing preferably GCP/AZURE as well as experienced in migrating applications to the cloud
- Experience implementing software and building processes and tools, including Liquibase, GitHub, Jira, etc.
- Experience with Angular and React
- Ability to motivate, inspire and drive a team of developers
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.