Our client Performance Team, a Maersk Company, is a progressive growth oriented National Third Party Dedicated Logistics provider. With an extensive prestigious list of mass retail, apparel, e-commerce and CPG Fortune 50, 100 and 500 companies. Performance Team/ Maersk has established an aggressive strategic plan to continue to capture additional market share.
- Santa Fe Springs
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers concerned with ordering, receiving, storing, inventorying, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and parts, in stockroom, warehouse, or yard by performing the following duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews inbound appointment log and open order report each day in order to plan work activities.
- Plans inbound and out bound schedules accordingly to meet customer metrics.
- Determines staffing needs based on work load and schedules staff accordingly.
- Assigns workers to specific duties based on work load and shipping schedules.
- Reviews and updates operational procedures as necessary and ensures they are communicated to and understood by the warehouse associates.
- Tracks productivity and qualifies performance by individual, function, and department.
- Works with Inventory Control to ensure the highest level of inventory accuracy possible.
- Manages payroll of department.
- Advises employees on handling of items received, stored, and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock; and related problems.
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Ensures that proper safety procedures are followed.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Position is full-time and on-site.
- Directly supervises 20 employees in the area of Operations. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.