Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Senior Analyst, External Financial Reporting, you will assist with all internal and external management reporting, as well as with the preparation of information for investor relations and for meetings with senior management teams in all aspects of external reporting. Become a part of our fast-growing, dynamic team and we'll help you build a career you can be proud of. Please note that this position is in scope to transition to the brokered transportation services company that will be created with the planned separation of XPO's North American Transportation business from its less-than-truckload (LTL) business. For more information, please see our public statement.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Assure that financial statements, required filings and other related financial reports and disclosures are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with GAAP and regulatory reporting requirements
- Assist in the development and drafting of all components of 10-K and 10-Q filings (including the consolidated financial statements), notes to the financial statements and management discussion, and analysis using the Workiva platform
- Ensure formal support binder is maintained with substantive documentation of all disclosures (financial and non-financial) for all SEC filings
- Prepare the EPS calculation
- Prepare a monthly reporting calendar to inform parties of necessary deadlines
- Assist with goodwill and long-lived assets impairment tests
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliation for stock-based compensation accounting
- Assist in the preparation and review of all quarterly and annual earnings documents, including supporting financial statements and senior management scripts
- Monitor new accounting pronouncements for potential impact and discourses in 10-Q/10-K
- Perform Sarbanes-Oxley control reviews
- Partner with company's external auditors to satisfy any requirements that arise
- Review and provide the support for debt offering memorandums
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 2 years of experience in accounting or financial reporting
- Experience with Workiva and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) financial reporting software
- Solid aptitude for understanding and analyzing large amounts of data from multiple sources
- Ability to manipulate complex information using formulas in Microsoft Excel
It'd be great if you also have:
- Master's degree in Accounting or a related field
- 5 years of reporting experience, preferably with a "Big Four" auditing firm
- CPA certification
- The ability to identify opportunities to increase accuracy, optimize resources, and develop, recommend and implement solutions
- The ability to produce and proofread unambiguous, comprehensive and interpretations
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.