Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. See below for a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you...
1st Shift Maintenance Mechanic, Monday-Friday 7AM - 3:30PM
Location:630 JOHN HANCOCK RD, TAUNTON, Massachusetts 02780-7380
Pay: $24.22-$30.28 per hour!
You also have the potential to earn an additional $2.85 per hour performance incentive - no flat rates!
$500 Tool Allowance! $150 a year shoe allowance!
Come join a winning team! We are looking for our next maintenance mechanic that specializes in but not limited to forklift repair!
- Full-time position with benefits after 30 days!
- Development opportunities with paid training
- We provide uniforms and get them cleaned for you!
- Annual tool and boot allowances
- Our Maintenance Mechanics learn firsthand how to ensure the safety and functionality of our facilities assets.
- We pay to train and certify the right people for this more advanced opportunity.
- Education: High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate. Powered Industrial Vehicle certification required.
- Experience: Three years previous machine repair experience OR an equivalent combination of education and training. Previous experience in forklift repair.
- You'll be asked to do work in high places, freezing cold spaces, inside/outside, and anywhere within the building where you are needed.
- Successful passing of hair drug screen and background check.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Able to lift/move up to 100 pounds during your shift.
Industrial Maintenance / Equipment Mechanics Preferred Experience:
- One of the main responsibilities of this role would be forklift repair
- Ability to read and interpret building schematics/blueprints
- High level of understanding of electrical mechanics
- Proficiency in computerized maintenance management systems
- Electrical trouble-shooting
- HVAC systems
- Building Maintenance
- Conveyor systems
- Preventative Maintenance
- Dock Doors/Levelers
- Hi Speed Doors
Maintains and performs daily maintenance and preventative Maintenance on buildings and equipment to include forklifts, cranes, conveyors, power industrial vehicles (PIV) and building facilities. Ensures that all equipment is in working order for maximum operating efficiency. The backbone of any organization is connected to those who are dedicated to keeping things in order. Our valued Maintenance Teams keep things running, our business in motion and our customers successful.
- Maintain and perform daily maintenance and preventive maintenance on cranes, conveyers, power industrial vehicles and building facilities.
- Maintain battery room and chargers to include charging and changing batteries for material handling equipment.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation, perform diagnostic routines and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, hand and power tools.
- Maintain equipment rooms in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Follow through and completes all work orders.
- Maintain appropriate levels of material handling equipment maintenance supplies.
- Tracks and completes all preventative maintenance utilizing Maximo database software application.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and other federal, state, and local guidelines.
- Adheres to the mission and cornerstone values and applicable practices of the organization.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate books, journals and other literature and attending related conferences, seminars, etc. Maintains peer relationships in the field to share issues and ideas.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Must be able to communicate clearly in a professional manner.
- Excellent Attention to detail
- Must work effectively with others and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret written communications.
- Must possess the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals and be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide with the ability to solve practical and technical problems.
- Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule
- Must be able to routine problems of limited scope and complexity following established policies and procedures
- Employees in all warehouse positions must be able to immediately perceive auditory warning signals such as bells, alarms, and horns that are used to warn employees of the start-up, movement, or approach of equipment (including forklifts, turrets, overhead cranes, conveyors, trucks, and other equipment operated inside or outside the warehouse), mechanical abnormalities, and similar risk situations during warehouse operations.
BE PART OF AN AMAZING CULTURE WHERE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU, MATTERS TO US!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words "Accommodation Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free. Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.