US3084 The SYGMA Network, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:
Minimum Years of Experience:
This is an operations position responsible for payroll duties within the transportation and human resource department including regulatory compliance by the Department of Transportation (DOT).
Day Shift / flexibility with weekends / Heavy Payroll / Processing CDL A Driver , Incentive & Associate Pay for employees
- Gather, organize and process driver daily paperwork, logs, manifest, vehicle inspection, etc.
- Inputs payroll data from paper logs for driver/driver helper associates
- Answer phones, route calls and take messages.
- Research operation challenges, order supplies, liaison between office and operations
- Respond to delivery associate issues and provide support for a resolution.
- Primary contact for any inbound freight issues.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by supervision or management.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2 years of prior payroll experience preferred
- 2 years Human Resources (HR) Department experience preferred
- 2 years' distribution/transportation experience in a high volume, route delivery operation preferred.
- Strong leadership, analytical and motivational skills.
- Knowledge of D.O.T. regulations.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise in Windows operating system and utilizing Excel and Word.
- Understanding of Manpower scheduling.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear.
- The employee may have to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.com
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.