Commercial Garage Door Technician
- High Compensation
- Industry-leading benefits
- Excellent training
- Career growth programs and support
- Diverse teams
- Employee centric management
Position Summary Details
Our full-time commercial garage door technician will be capable of repairing sectional and rolling steel doors. It is critical to possess an appropriate electrical aptitude for door operator service-related troubleshooting.
- Adjust doors to open or close with the correct amount of effort and make simple adjustments to electric openers. Run low voltage wiring on ceiling surfaces.
- Apply hardware to door sections, such as drilling holes to install locks.
- Assemble and fasten tracks to structures or bucks, using impact wrenches or welding equipment.
- Carry springs to tops of doors, using ladders or scaffolding, and attach springs to tracks to install or repair spring systems.
- Clean door closer parts, using caustic soda, rotary brushes, and grinding wheels.
- Cover treadles with carpeting or other floor covering materials and test systems by operating treadles.
- Cut door stops and angle irons to fit openings.
- Install or repair dock seals, bumpers, shelters, door frames, and all components critical for the proper functioning of doors and closers.
- Will utilize power tools, hand tools, and electronic test equipment to complete jobs as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three years of experience installing or repairing commercial sectional or rolling steel roll-up doors is required.
- Schooling or certification in sectional or rolling steel door repair is preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to pass a 10-year criminal background check