Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Assistant, Sales, you will maintain reports, track shipments, and solve issues that arise, ensuring that our customers have a positive experience. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're a superstar at multitasking and have a passion for helping others, join XPO and let us help you build a career you'll love.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Support Sales with managing the branches key accounts
- Enter loads and confirm notes about the status of shipments
- Schedule pickup and delivery appointments with warehouses and customers
- Track the status of shipments from inception to delivery, and communicate with the customer on the status of the shipments
- Handle any issues that arise on shipments and share information and updates with the customer
- Enter information into the Transportation Management System (TMS) and prepare loads for accounting; ensure that entries are accurate and complete
- Communicate all shipment, billing or follow-up issues to the Sales Manager and Carrier Operations Group
- Prioritize the daily workload and focus of your accounts, including load entry, tracking and reporting
- Monitor report cards
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated work style with the capacity to work well with minimal direct supervision or in a team environment
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
It'd be great if you also have:
- 1 year of sales or customer service experience
- 1 year of related experience and/or training, and a general understanding of the transportation industry
- Solid attention to detail and follow-up skills with experience identifying and resolving problems
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.