Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
1st Shift, Sunday - Monday, 5:00am - 5:00pm
As the Quality Specialist II, you will perform internal audits of the manufacturing or distribution process and supporting departments, as well as verify the implementation of ISO policies and procedures described in the quality system.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Guide, coach, schedule and train Quality Assurance and Receiving Quality Technicians; cover for them in their absence
- Oversee the nonconforming product process
- Work effectively with all departments to facilitate the timely release and disposition of products
- Communicate quality exceptions to customers; carry exceptions through to completion
- Perform daily performance audits of all Quality Technicians; review and file production quality records
- Participate in root cause/corrective action investigations
- Assist in the development and validation of processes and procedures
- Prepare quality updates and communicate them to department managers and supervisors
- Maintain a safe work environment by adhering to and enforcing safe work practices and supporting company safety initiatives
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Supply Chain quality policy and adhere to the company's Good Manufacturing practices
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 1 year of quality assurance experience in a manufacturing, packaging or distribution facility
- Experience with Microsoft Office
It'd be great if you also have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience effectively communicating and presenting information in one-on-one and small and large group situations to customers, clients, leadership and team members
- Experience interpreting graphs
- The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- A demonstrated commitment to process excellence by ensuring proper, efficient and accurate uses of processes
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Leadership skills that foster teamwork in meeting goals and objectives
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift up to 25 lbs. frequently and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Tolerate hot or cold warehouse environments
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.