The Senior Agent, Exports is responsible for overseeing Export Agents I+II and managing processes that support the customer's export needs. The position is responsible for ensuring cost effective export operations, timely service by applying knowledge of laws, regulations, governing agencies, procedures, audits, programs, and practices. The Sr. Agent is the right-hand to the Supervisor and is his/her back-up.
Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseas all functions of the Perishable team, prioritizing work, determining schedules, assigning daily tasks, establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet changing demands, ensuring optimum efficiency of all Export activities.
- Assist in daily export activities including: completing all required export documents, making decisions on best routing and obtaining best rates and space from carriers, reviewing customer volumes and ensuring all transactions are processed accurately and timely, incl. final billing.
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of customers' needs. Monitors communications with assigned customers, responds promptly to customer requirements, concerns and issues and resolves issues related to all anomalies that interfere with the timely delivery of the customer's product.
- Performs routine audits and 'closes the file', ensuring rates charged are accurate, compliance and recordkeeping requirements are met. Institutes corrective action and ensures errors are resolved.
- Calculate the appropriate ULD size for each shipment (Perishables) and Dry Ice amounts needed
- Understand all Cool-chain requirements for all 'temperature controlled' type of cargo.
- Understanding the rules and regulations of IATA Dangerous Goods.
Qualifications Education and Experience:
High School diploma or GED plus three to five years of Export experience in the freight forwarding industry is required.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have prior training and experience in handling hazardous goods.
- Must have knowledge of export administration regulations and regulations - TSA, IATA , HAZMAT
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret verbal and written requests and directions. Must have the ability to compose letters, memos, emails and other written documentation clearly and concisely. Be able to present one's self in a highly cooperative and professional manner when meeting both internal and external customers and vendors face to face.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world's preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities - through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we're dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world's preferred choice.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.