Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. See below for a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you...
Gordon Food Service is hiring Multiple Candidates for our Building Maintenance Mechanic openings here in Shepherdsville KY. These roles are all on 2nd shift/ night shifts- Please see below for schedules
1-Tues-Friday 6p-3a (on Tues) rest of week 6p-6a
2-Tues-Friday 9p-6a (on Tues) 6p-6a rest of week
3-Sun 9p-6a & Wed, Thurs, Fri 6p-6a
Our Maintenance Mechanics can make anywhere from $28.96 - $48.69!
Actual pay will be assessed & based on experience and skill set.
Our maintenance team will also receive a boot allowance of $150.00 & Tool Allowance of $500.00!
Uniforms are provided and cleaned by us.
Pay is weekly on Thursdays- Benefits after 30 days
401K with up to 4% Company Match & Profit Sharing
Paid Vacation, Sick Time & PTO
Maintains and performs daily maintenance and preventative Maintenance on buildings and equipment to include cranes, conveyors, power industrial vehicles (PIV) and building facilities. Ensures that all equipment is in working order for maximum operating efficiency.
- Maintain and perform daily maintenance and preventive maintenance on cranes, conveyers, power industrial vehicles and building facilities.
- Maintain battery room and chargers to include charging and changing batteries for material handling equipment.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation, perform diagnostic routines and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, hand and power tools.
- Maintain equipment rooms in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Follow through and completes all work orders.
- Maintain appropriate levels of material handling equipment maintenance supplies.
- Tracks and completes all preventative maintenance utilizing Maximo database software application.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and other federal, state, and local guidelines.
- Adheres to the mission and cornerstone values and applicable practices of the organization.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate books, journals and other literature and attending related conferences, seminars, etc. Maintains peer relationships in the field to share issues and ideas.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Experience and background in motor controls and electronics required.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in a professional manner.
- Excellent Attention to detail
- Must work effectively with others and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret written communications.
- Must possess the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals and be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide with the ability to solve practical and technical problems.
- Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule
- Must be able to routine problems of limited scope and complexity following established policies and procedures
- Employees in all warehouse positions must be able to immediately perceive auditory warning signals such as bells, alarms, and horns that are used to warn employees of the start-up, movement, or approach of equipment (including forklifts, turrets, overhead cranes, conveyors, trucks, and other equipment operated inside or outside the warehouse), mechanical abnormalities, and similar risk situations during warehouse operations.
BE PART OF AN AMAZING CULTURE WHERE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU, MATTERS TO US!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words "Accommodation Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free. Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.