The purpose of this position is to provide Hub Management services for the Americas region offices and vendors, US Export Coordination and Destination Delivery Management services for all US bound freight, ensuring data quality and data presence to customers as specified in service agreements, customer procedures or Company's guidelines
- Hub Coordinators work as a liaison between the client and all their service partners to provide problem solving strategies, with a strong focus on customer service, that can be complex in nature and where extensive judgment and ingenuity are required to circumvent habitual issues that negatively impact their supply chains.
- Must have expertise in understanding the full lifespan of the container lifecycle to provide the client with an uninterrupted flow of container movement and any associated delays or accessorial charges.
- Must be familiar with day-to-day origin and destination operations to proactively interject when problem resolutions are required.
- Specialize in PO/Vendor compliance, vendor coordination, and vendor /client training.
- Have the capability to onboard new origin and destination accounts based on the client's specific business processes to successfully 'go live' with standard operating procedures in place with minimal bandwidth.
- Work directly with Ocean Carriers, Customs Brokers, and Truckers and Transload facilities to receive correct EDI milestones, based on standardized and extensive specs, to provide full visibility of container operations.
- Must be well versed in the Verified Gross Mass (VGM) process for dunnage, bracing and the tare weight of the container carrying this cargo.
- Must have the ability to navigate through the various ocean carrier websites to manually create Bookings/Shipping Instructions.
- Hub Coordinators are the daily point of contact, working directly with the client, on final mile operations processes and must have the ability to independently troubleshoot and make informed decisions that will drive efficiencies and reduce client costs.
- Understand carrier allocation compliance from primary up to, but not limited to, tertiary and must have the foresight to notify the client when there are Service Contract, Spacing and/or Scheduling issues that can compromise the timeliness of the shipment.
- Are knowledgeable of export and import customs regulations and work directly with export and customs brokerage teams to resolve customs issues and work within country regulations that govern import/exports.
- Have the ability to compile required documents to ensure shipments meet all applicable country guidelines for customs brokers to facilitate customs entries on export goods.
- Must have knowledge of import Customs and Agency Holds, Exams and Clearance processes with the ability to communicate document and other discrepancies that could hold up the delivery of goods.
- Hub coordinators must be well versed, and able to train clients, vendors, and truckers in the multiple Vantage (Griffin) Interfaces:
- eBooking/eInvoice Portals used by vendors to submit eBooking, eInvoices, and Container Load Plans.
- Griffin Origin - is the Yusen Origin system to update Shipment information.
- Vantage lite for ISF and ASN purposes
The above responsibilities document the major levels and scope of work expected of the incumbent. They are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Qualifications Education and Experience: Some college preferred with a minimum of three (3) years of Ocean Import/Export Logistics, Terminal Operations and Domestic transportation experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions at all levels of the organization, customers, and the public.
The demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: The employee must frequently sit doing tasks requiring repetitive use of hands. The job also requires some time each day spent standing and walking. Employee must have ability to see written documents, computer screens and to adjust focus while working.
Work Environment: Duties of the job are frequently performed in a temperature-controlled office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to dirt, fumes and odors. The employee is seasonally exposed to heat, cold, and humidity as well as marked changes in temperature between the office and warehouse environments.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is a leading global provider of International Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, and Supply Chain Solutions. With over 24,000 employees across 45 countries, our extraordinary employees work towards a common goal of providing large and small companies across a variety of industries the logistics support they need to meet the demands of their customers. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws