Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Aerospace Drive Systems, a division of Timken Power Systems, is currently seeking a Final Inspector to support operations for the Manchester, CT site. The Final Inspector position is primarily responsible for inspecting and recording dimesions of aerospace components per process sheets, inspection reports, blueprints and applicable specifications utilizing specified gages and methods to ensure the quality requirements are met prior to presenting the final aerospace component to the customers.
- Review all raw material and processing certifications IAW Customer and PO requirements.
- Utlize Material Release database to document quality review/ activities.
- Visual and dimensional verification (inspection) to requirements utilizing: micrometers, calipers, bore gages, thread gages, and inspection equipment as required.
- Review and acceptance of Travelers to assure all sign-off complete and revision levels are to Operation Book Requirements.
- Presentation of inspected/ received parts to various customer representatives and the resolution to any customer questions or concerns.
- Initiation of Discrepancy Reports, internal and external for products not meeting drawing requirements.
- Perform tasks as assigned by Supervisor and/ or Team Leader.
- US Citizen.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year of Aerospace Inspection Experience.
- Familiar with ISO/ AS9100 requirements and/or Auditing Skills.
- Basic math or industrial mathematics desired.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong problem solving skills required.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended period of time.
- Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
- Frequent twisting and bending.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.