Job Specific Responsibilities and Preferred Qualifications
Where: 100 Meadow Road, Hyde Park, MA 02136
Type: Full Time Non-Exempt
Wage: Non Forklift $18.50 + Forklift $20.00+ based on experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid-Time Off, Sick Time, Tuition Reimbursement, and more!
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, start time varies
In this job, you may do things like:
- Pick, Pack, Stock, Load and Unload
- Operate forklift to load and unload trailers
- Effectively sort, stack and palletize product
- Assist Delivery Drivers with loading trucks for same-day delivery
- Assist other areas of the warehouse with achieving production (lines per hour) goals, as needed.
Some perks of this job include:
- Monday - Friday Schedule (No Weekends!)
- Competitive Pay
- Benefits Eligibility after 90 days (Medical, Life, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO, and more!)
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- Opportunities for Annual and/or Referral Bonuses
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
Must-haves to apply for this job:
- 18+ years of age
- Able to pass a drug test
- Able to do things like lift up to 50lbs, walk, move, push, and pull product throughout the day
What will give you an edge:
- Experience working in a fast paced, productivity-driven environment
- Experience with Forklift, Electric Pallet Jack and Order Picker
HD Supply is an Essential Business Service:
As an "essential business service" HD Supply remains operational in all locations. We are adhering to all social distancing guidance to the maximum extent possible in all areas, including deliveries. To learn more about what COVID-19 safety precautions are being taken by HD Supply to protect associates, visit our FAQ page here: https://hdsupply.jobs/faqs/
Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in receiving, inventory, customer service, and/or order processing.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Receives, counts and records shipment data into the system. Matches packing list information to actual packed merchandise. Prepares packages/merchandise for storage.
- Record receiving data using computer.
- Pack, unpack, and mark stock items, using identification tag, stamp, or electronic marking tool or other labeling equipment
- Identify incorrect/short shipped items and immediately notify supervisor.
- Deliver products, supplies, and equipment to designated area. May operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
- Verify computations against physical count of stock. Examine and inspect stock items for wear and defects.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
- May perform order layout and make changes to carriers or picking method. Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.