Maintains existing accounts and processes new account applications. Ensures customer data is accurate and in-line with data governance standards.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides customer service via phone, email, and chat for account updates, new account requests, tax questions, marketing attributes, and general inquiries.
- Creates and maintains customer account data in SAP, including billing, shipping, contact, and purchasing information.
- Serves as the primary point-of-contact for account-related issues. Partners with internal teams to resolve customer concerns.
- Processes customer credit applications.
- Validates tax exemption documents, codes tax exemptions and concessions to accounts, and corrects system generated tax inaccuracies.
- Investigates undeliverable shipments. Updates shipping information with carriers and in the master record as needed.
- Maintains quality and departmental metrics.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- No travel required.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.