The Senior Import Manager ensures that the import and brokerage operation meets service commitments, revenue, and profit goals of the Import Department in the Branch. The Senior Import Manager oversees the implementation of the import compliance systems and ensures compliance with applicable regulations, including those administered by CBP, FDA and corresponding agencies and regulations outside of the United States.
Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Imports (Air and Ocean)
- Oversee the Import function in the Branch and ensures all activities are in compliance with federal and foreign regulations and are performed in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Provide consultative support to Import Managers and CHB Managers to evaluate import requirements, design corrective action plans where needed, and drive the implementation of such plans.
- Ensure consistent application of standard operating procedures and import compliance audit programs in accordance with corporate and governmental guidelines .
- Provide training on policies, procedures and service standards for customs clearance operations. Determines level of import compliance training required for all levels of staff in the branch. Manages the proper administration of this training.
- Work with branch leadership and Sales teams to improve operations and expand the branch's revenue from customs services.
- Actively participate in the RFP process related to full range of customs services.
- Ensure compliance requirements are factored in for all new business acquisitions and account development.
- Responsible for meeting key performance indicators targets for Import Operations.
Responsible for supervising Import Managers and CHB Managers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems .
Qualifications Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree plus five to seven years of related experience in international freight forwarding/NVOCC /Logistics. Included in this experience is 4+ years of management experience.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Customs Broker License is required/ must obtain license within 2 years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world's preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities - through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we're dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world's preferred choice.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.