Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
You've built an impressive career, and now you're looking for the next logical step. As the Vice President, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS), you will lead GXO's Americas EHS function to drive a proactive culture that results in best-in-class EHS performance. You will partner with the Corporate Sustainability team to continue to evolve GXO's environmental, social and governance (ESG) strategy across the enterprise.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Develop and implement GXO's Americas EHS strategy, management system, processes and tools
- Ensure a robust set of leading indicators to focus on EHS risk reduction, compliance and strong sustainability results
- Collaborate with operational leaders to foster a culture of continuous improvement and learning
- Implement innovative approaches to reducing EHS risk and advance sustainability goals across GXO's footprint
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and governance/auditing programs to ensure compliance with multinational EHS laws, regulations and standards
- Oversee and enforce compliance with OSHA, EPA, DOT and other relevant global regulations in accordance with statutory and contractual requirements
- Develop and provide regular metric reporting to measure effectiveness of compliance and training programs
- Collaborate with insurance providers to understand and address key areas of risk
- Conduct comprehensive onsite hazard and risk assessments, safety audits, and equipment inspections to mitigate risk
- Partner with the Project Managers and site Safety Managers to interpret, evaluate and provide technical guidance on project safety requirements, accident investigation and implementing corrective action measures
- Manage the environmental program capabilities, including corporate environmental contracts, regulatory compliance and risk mitigation
- Provide EHS due diligence support and guidance for transactional matters, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, real property sales, new site development and site decommissioning and closure activities
- Communicate EHS performance, liabilities and risks to senior executive leaders and other key stakeholders
- Manage annual operating budget, capital and expense in support of EHS goals and objectives, including direct and matrixed employees
- Build and develop a high-performing team while encouraging open employee communication and talent development
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 10 years of experience as a safety and environmental professional on a global scale
- Sound knowledge of global environmental, health and safety regulatory and statutory requirements
It'd be great if you also have:
- 8 years leadership experience
- CSP and OSHA certifications preferred as well as knowledge of other industry regulatory bodies
- Lean or Six Sigma Black Belt
- Understanding of current technology applications used in EHS, willingness to embrace future technologies to further improve EHS performance and enable the next steps in industry safety improvement
- Effective communication skills and the ability to partner with all levels of an organization
- Solid problem-solving techniques that contribute to the success of a global team
- Ability to tackle tough issues with tact and diplomacy in a timely fashion
- Strong leadership, talent management, change execution and financial management skills
- Ability to bring structure and clarity to ambiguous, fast-moving issues/problems
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.