Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
- Pay starts at $37.18/hour
- Third Shift
- Full health insurance on day one
- Life and disability insurance
- Earn up to 13 days PTO over the course of your first year (if applicable)
- 9 paid company holidays
- 401(k) option with company match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Education assistance
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Schedule and supervise shop personnel
- Order parts and manage vendors
- Ensure technicians receive required training
- Perform routine maintenance functions and adjustments on all types of class 7 and 8 diesel equipment, forklifts and trailing equipment in compliance with the manufacturers and company's schedules
- Safely access any area of the equipment or vehicle to perform necessary maintenance, including inspecting and performing work in, on or under parts of vehicles and trailers
- Apply knowledge of and work in accordance with the standards of the Department of Transportation (DOT), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Interstate Authority and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA); follow all rules, regulations, policies and procedures, and lead your team to do the same
- Repair or rebuild all or parts of various equipment systems
- Move trailers throughout the property
- Operate a hostler in all types of weather; safely walk and stand for extended periods of time
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 4 years of related work experience
- ASE Master MD/HD truck certification (if not already in place, will be required to test each session until Master Certification status is obtained)
- A valid driver's license
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- Ability to diagnose and repair vehicle air conditioning systems
- To obtain EPA HVAC Refrigerant Recovery and Recycling Certification within 90 days of hire (ASE, MACS or equivalent)
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends
It'd be great if you also have:
- 3 years of hands-on experience as a fleet technician
- Tractor and trailer experience
- Forklift repair knowledge
- Basic welding skills (Oxy/Acetylene, MIG and ARC)
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.