Penske is seeking an ambitious Staff Accountant to join our Controllership team. We are looking for an associate that has the desire to provide "best in class" support to Penske. This includes improving processes through automation and assisting with the implementation of financial systems and applications, as well as maintaining key financial systems. This Staff Accountant position will be part of our Financial Systems team and will collaborate and interact with associates throughout Penske.
Work Location: 2675 Morgantown Road Reading, PA 19607
Work Schedule: Hybrid (3 days onsite/2 days remote)
• Assist in the administration of financial systems to meet business needs and support system enhancements. This includes performing daily financial system processes and related accounting, validations, and controls.
• Participate, through the administration of financial systems, in the financial closing process
• Provide key financial reports for Penske management, and provide additional support to various functional areas
• Provide frequent support and communications to finance system users
• Work in a collaborative environment with associates throughout Penske, including the Operational, Finance and Information Technology teams
• Identify opportunities for process improvements and implement solutions, automation, controls, and measures
• Other projects or tasks as assigned by supervisor, including supporting implementation of financial systems and applications
• 0-2 years experience in the field of accounting required
• Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting required
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint required
• Experience with AS400 (IBMi) and OneStream preferred
• Basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial statements preferred
• Strong communication skills required
• Analytical skills required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.