Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
1st Shift, Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-5:30PM
As the Supervisor, Operations, you will be responsible for overseeing daily operations and supplier performance. You'll also ensure that all transportation, communication and customer service issues and requests are resolved in a manner that meets or exceed the customer's expectations. Become a part of our growing, dynamic team and we'll help you build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Review all available freight for linehauls and routes to ensure the lowest cost options are maintained within a private fleet
- Handle Load Planners who are responsible for building routes, updating tracking information, and dispatching fleet drivers, as well as dockworkers who load/unload and stage freight
- Investigate and resolve internal issues that impact job performance, employee morale and customer satisfaction, as well as issues submitted by customers, suppliers, or clients
- Practice continuous improvement by reviewing procedures and work habits, and implementing steps to lower costs while increasing performance; introduce Lean concepts into the operation at all levels
- Schedule daily workload based on input from customer, dispute requests from suppliers, PRRs and warning letters
- Monitor and prioritize weekly disputes and escalation requests from customer and supplier; compile supplier dispute data and chart supplier on-time shipping performance
- Track and document delivery performance; update and maintain organized files on all shipping documents and analyze root cause reasons for poor shipping performance
- Maintain a safe work environment that is free from harassment, drugs and workplace violence; promptly document and report all issues, concerns and incidents to management
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 2 years of experience in transportation or logistics
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Experience working with a Transportation Management Systems (TMS), preferably Oracle Transportation Management
- Experience with process improvement initiatives
- Solid leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to effectively supervise, coach and influence employees
- A willingness to work cross-functionally on multiple accounts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presenting clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.