Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Manager, Tax you will support the Company's state income tax return compliance, indirect tax compliance, income tax provision functions and manage controversy and planning matters.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Responsible for the preparation and review of State income, property, GST, Use, and franchise tax returns, estimates, and extensions
- Seek to develop and improve workpapers, processes, and procedures required for state tax returns and tax provision
- Maintaining and monitoring of state provision analysis including computations of state modifications, net operating losses, uncertain tax positions, and state tax credits, effective tax rates, and valuation allowances
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness required for sustaining tax credit opportunities
- Assist with maintaining accuracy and completeness for all state tax general ledger accounts
- Support the tax team's reporting to upper management for effective tax rate, cash taxes and special projects
- Assist with the tax team's contribution to merger and acquisition initiatives including due diligence and integration matters
- Research, analyze and conclude on various state tax issues, new legislation, and tax reform as impactful to XPO
- Manage other tax related analyses and projects
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 5 years of experience preparing and/or reviewing state income and franchise tax returns for multinational companies
- Strong knowledge of Corp Tax software
- Experience with Oracle and HFM
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products
It'd be great if you also have:
- CPA credential
- Advanced degree in Accounting, Taxation or equivalent
- 7 years of related state tax experience
- Prior experience administering SharePoint
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.