Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
We believe that positive financial results are what fuel our growth and keep us at the top of our industry. As the Lead Financial Analyst, you will act in an official capacity as secondary leader of overall revenue accounting. Become a part of our growing, dynamic team and we'll help you develop to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Serve as the primary leader of transactional revenue accounting processes to include activities conducted in Oracle Projects
- Oversee and lead GOSC revenue team (assigned as dotted line reports)
- Review and analyze revenue accruals during the month-end close
- Perform key SOX controls for revenue recognition
- Energize process improvement though new back-office IT solutions
- Review key account reconciliations, including deferred revenue, unbilled accounts receivable and unearned revenue
- Coordinate with the invoicing team to drive process improvements; develop meaningful KPIs that track progress toward continuous improvement
- Review new customer contracts to determine revenue recognition treatment
- Track, monitor and communicate startup revenue treatment
- Complete ad hoc reporting to support multiple stakeholders in a cross-functional matrix environment, balancing their needs and perspectives to maximize the company's interests
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent related work or military experience
- 4 years of related experience
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Access) with experience creating complex formulas in Excel
- Highly advanced skills in ERP systems (Oracle), Oracle Projects, Microsoft BI, BlackLine and related technologies
It'd be great if you also have:
- Master's degree in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration
- Public accounting experience
- Solid aptitude for developing insightful, value-added and actionable analyses with detailed explanations regarding drivers of the results, including accurate interpretations of data
- Capacity to quickly learn and achieve proficiency in new software applications
- Exceptional communication skills; experience presenting clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.