Provide training to new and current employees and temporary associates in receiving, storing, recycling, shipping, and transporting of warehoused goods and products safely and in accordance with Material Handler (MH) and Equipment Operator (EO) job duties.
80% Train or Re-train staff on the following but not limited to:
- Utilization of RF (Radio Frequency) equipment.
- Proper unloading/loading.
- Operation of motorized equipment, i.e. cherry-pickers, motorized pallet jack, etc. and including, but not limited to counterbalance lift with attachments such as forks, clamp, slip sheet.
- Disassembling, reassembling, or repairing products, materials, or equipment.
- Sort, bale, weigh, load, and recycle materials based on customer specifications.
- Attach identifying tags or labels, or mark information on cartons or other containers.
- Fill shipping orders for various customers' products to prepare for shipping.
- Specialized customer account procedures.
- Safety policies and procedures related to each job function.
- Assist in the creation and improvement of training guides.
20% Monitor the Safety of all employees by:
- Performing daily Safety Observations
- Partnering with Agency On-Site to improve Safety culture
- Provide Safety recommendations to Management
- Reporting Near Miss and Safety violations in SIMS.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Interact with employees and associates in an appropriate/professional manner.
- Complete assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner.
- Train and Follow up on progress with new employees and associates.
- Collaborate with Management on associates progress and recommend actions for improvement.
- Champion or participate on a KAIZEN at least once per quarter.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty of MH and EO without oversight or assistance on required tasks.
- Individual must have excellent written and communication skills.
- Multi-lingual preferred
- High school diploma or GED and one-year related experience preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.