Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Schulz Electric, a Timken Motor & Crane Company, has a current opening for a Field Service Technician based out of East Haven, CT regional service center. This position serves customers by repairing and/or replacing components of Schulz equipment. The Field Service Technician will troubleshoot equipment problems, and occasionally train customer personnel. Also serves as needed in a project supervisory role for larger OTS projects where the job scope includes millwright services, etc.
- Locates causes of equipment malfunctions by visually inspecting and listening to equipment, or by using various diagnostic equipment as required
- Determines scope of repair and/or replacement parts by supervising the disassembling of equipment and evaluating questionable components
- Oversees the repair of equipment and ensures proper operation once completed
- Prepares service reports for each job on a timely basis and submits time sheets, expense reports, and corrective action forms, etc., within proscribed timeframes
- Travels extensively to customer locations to perform projects
- Must be able to obtain/maintain several safety certifications such as BOSIET, OSHA-10, TWIC, etc.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations, including customer or third-party safety expectations; wears appropriate PPE for each task
- Utilizes company tools and equipment, such as laptop, mobile phone/mobile devices, hand-tools, calibration equipment, etc.
Technical/ Functional Skills:
- Must be able to safely operate company vehicles
- Must be able to travel to remote customer sites to perform work
- Ability to use hand tools and small industrial/ power tools and equipment
- Must be able to inspect and diagnose issues with customer equipment (using vision, hearing, diagnostic tools or equipment)
- Computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office software)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Applicant must be able to walk, stand, climb, and lift up to 25 pounds
- Highschool diploma required, Associate's degree or technical certificate preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience performing technical repair, diagnostic, and evaluation services in an industrial setting, 10 years preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.