Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. See below for a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you...
Gordon Food Service is looking for the next Refrigeration Technician.
Located at 630 John Hancock Rd, Taunton MA 02780
2nd Shift Sunday-Thursday 3:30pm-12:00am
Our Refrigeration Techs can make anywhere from $24.22 - $38.80/hr. Additionally you will receive a shift premium & hourly performance incentives!
Actual pay will be assessed & based on experience and skill set.
CIRO & CARO preferred but not required.
Our technicians will also receive an annual boot allowance of $150.00 & annual tool allowance of $500.00!
Uniforms are provided and cleaned by us.
Weekly Pay! Health, Vision & Dental at 30 days!
401K with up to 4% company match & Profit Sharing!
Performs the daily maintenance and repair of the Gordon Food Service (GFS) facility refrigeration systems and heating and cooling equipment.
- Responsible for the daily operation of GFS' ammonia refrigeration systems. Monitors all ammonia deliveries and responds to all ammonia system alarm calls.
- Repair and maintain refrigeration equipment and facility heating and cooling equipment.
- Complete daily preventive maintenance and reports as tasks are completed.
- Follows through and completes all assigned work orders.
- Conduct tests of safety equipment.
- Inspect refrigeration systems daily to ensure compliance with OSHA requirements.
- Ensure compliance with state, federal, and local agencies, including but not limited to OSHA and EPA.
- Collaborates with Risk Manager to develop written Process Safety Manual (PSM) and Risk Management Plan (RPM) programs.
- Develop ammonia release evacuation plan and conduct training and evacuations drills.
- Operate and maintain all facility heating and air conditioning systems.
- Troubleshoots electrical problems.
- Maintain order and cleanliness of equipment and equipment rooms.
- Adheres to the mission and cornerstone values and applicable practices of the organization.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate books, journals and other literature and attending related conferences, seminars, etc. Maintains peer relationships in the field to share issues and ideas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- This position requires excellent attention to detail.
- Works effectively with others and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret written communications and be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have extensive knowledge of state, federal, and local regulations, including OSHA and EPA with experience writing PSM and RMP.
- Knowledge of general warehouse practices.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills to include conducting training.
- Must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Must have the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry and to solve practical and technical problems
- Ability to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule formats.
- Required to be available for on-call.
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Refers to policies and practices for guidance.
- Employees in all warehouse positions must be able to immediately perceive auditory warning signals such as bells, alarms, and horns that are used to warn employees of the start-up, movement, or approach of equipment (including forklifts, turrets, overhead cranes, conveyors, trucks, and other equipment operated inside or outside the warehouse), mechanical abnormalities, and similar risk situations during warehouse operations.
BE PART OF AN AMAZING CULTURE WHERE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU, MATTERS TO US!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words "Accommodation Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free. Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.