We're passionate about applying our expertise to engineer and manufacture applications that will perform in the most challenging environments. Every day, more than 20,000 associates around the world collaborate to deliver unique solutions and unparalleled value to our customers.
Purpose and Scope
This position exists to convert OE customer and Aftermarket demand into master production schedules (MPS) at manufacturing locations. The PPA is required to operate within the SAP system and solve relatively complex problems associated with matching supply to demand, achieving customer service and inventory targets. The position requires that the individual has a working knowledge of the shop floor capability and flexibility by line and by part number by inspection code and some familiarity with major customer requirements. At the Analyst level, this individual has the expertise to recognize major discrepancies with system data (supply or demand related) and request and assist with resolution.
- Build MP finish pack schedules for 0-8 TRB Manufacturing Plants.
- Solve problems of supply within manufacturing capacity and interval constraints.
- Interface directly with the manufacturing facility to resolve supply problems; Interface directly with Customer Service to resolve customer service issues; interface directly with component Supply Chain to resolve material/component shortages.
- Achieve established OE and Aftermarket customer service-related goals for Availability to Request, OTD to Promise, and Stock-In rates.
- Achieve established statistical safety stock inventory levels to minimize impact of supply and demand variability on the above listed service performance metrics.
- Achieve established financial goals for finished inventory in dollars and/or Days to adjust for demand volume.
- This work involves: Being able to review the customer demand for product through SAP and having working knowledge of the specific production operations at the various manufacturing plants to interpret this demand into how much and where this product should be produced.
- This requires the review of production planning schedules with the planning and leadership at the mfg facilities to drive the sequence and intervals in which parts are produced.
- This may result in the constant adjustment of production schedules to meet demand targets.
- This also requires to the ability to understand when to go to the plan to t request and make the necessary adjustments.
- The volatility of the changes can create a result that is better than planned or worse, but the planner must rely on historical data and work with the system and scheduling to adjust accordingly.
- Previous scheduling experience within SC and/or Mfg facility
- Knowledge of the 0-8 TRB manufacturing process and capabilities
- Knowledge of the customer service functions and processes
- Excellent team skills
- Analytical problem-solving capability
- SAP functionality
- Results focused
- 2+ years' experience in related field
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Suppy Chain or IT preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.