Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This is a key position in the Human Resources team that manages the organizational advancement and HR activities for select corporate and business functions.
Responsibilities encompass both operational and strategic HR, including, but not limited to, maintaining positive associate relations, consulting with the global business on organization design and effectiveness, leading culture change, driving performance management and talent management processes, team building, conducting strategic workforce planning and associate development activities.
- Partner with business and corporate leaders to support business goals attainment and impact the growth of Timken's global businesses through innovative HR management strategies and practices.
- Consult with the HR leadership team on the development and execution of HR strategy and contribute to annual HR business plans.
- Deliver HR and Organizational Development services in all four quadrants of the HR delivery model.
- Develop and execute HR strategy
- Creates strategic workforce plans including development and staffing plans
- Assess needs and delivers organizational effectiveness initiatives using a variety of HR models
- Facilitate change management, coach leaders on organizational design and effectiveness
- Partner with company leaders to assess, build, and develop strong talent pipelines
- Coach, advise, and guide company leaders, managers, and employees on HR policies, employment regulations and workforce practices.
- Drive implementation of performance and talent management processes
- Drive positive associate relations
- Drive recruiting and retention strategy implementation and ensure a strong balance of talent demand and supply, i.e. execute on workforce plans, staffing and succession plans, external recruiting, compensation changes etc.
- Collaborate across the HR organization to ensure the HR functions proactively capture opportunities for enhancement in the area of compensation, benefits, talent movement and drive the resulting tactics and actions
- Support the execution of strategic HR initiatives and drive results (such as M&A, footprint changes, reorganizations, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Industrial relations, Industrial Psychology, or related field
- 10+ years' experience in Human Resources or organizational development roles
Required skills, competencies, and knowledge:
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage complexity
- Interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with employees at all levels
- A proven track record of 'making a difference'
- The ability to interpret and explain employment laws and human resources data and metrics
- Curiosity and a willingness to challenge organizational culture and manage change where necessary
- Resilience and positive outlook
- Influencing and negotiating skills to implement human resources policies at all levels of the organization
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.