Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope:
Manage existing EPA and OSHA regulatory requirements, and the ISO 14001 environmental management system. Develop programs for compliance with new regulations in order to assure compliance, and protect the Company's assets, including associates.
- Ensure regulatory compliance for all environmental programs for the facility.
- Manage community right-to-know program (i.e., EPA, SARA 312 &313, OSHA).
- Meet all reporting deadlines; design and implement future reports/processes; assist with safety program, and train plant personnel in federally and state mandated elements of the safety and environmental programs.
- Manage plant environmental management system to ensure continued ISO 14001 registration.
- Includes management and tracking of all corrective actions resulting from audits.
- Manage and direct waste minimization / pollution prevention activities. These programs must be in compliance with all EPA regulations and permits.
- Manage and maintain permits for air, waste water, etc. for the plant. Manage the application process for new permits and renewals which require understanding of plant's discharges of waste. Maintain working relationship with agency personnel. Conduct site inspections. Ensure proper controls are in place.
- Manage oil and hazardous waste spill control plans. Train appropriate response personnel for waste spill control and countermeasure plans. Coordinate proper testing.
- Direct solid and hazardous waste management and disposal. Determine appropriate facilities and contracts. Maintain profile sheets for disposal of waste. Maintain compliance with regulations on waste disposal.
- Review compliance programs and update with new and changing federal regulations. Ensure proper controls are in place at the facility to ensure compliance. Design and institute programs required by OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Develop training programs and coordinate training of appropriate personnel along with updating training documentation.
- Contract outside environmental/regulatory consultants when needed. Coordinate their use and cost.
- Represent the company at OSHA, EPA, NCDENR or other government agency inspections/audits, and coordinate updating of programs, documentation of required governmental reports, reminders to operations and technical staff, and follow-up activities resulting from the inspections/audits.
- Coordinate and assist in Fire and Security related issues as they pertain to or are comingled with EPA and OSHA requirements.
- Coordinate recycling / waste minimization programs at the plant in compliance with government, company and good stewardship practices.
Technical/Functional Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations related to environmental compliance
- Technical report writing and data analysis
- Basic computer skills
- Interpersonal skills to interact with manufacturing associates and government regulators
- Bachelor's Degree with preference given to Environmental Engineering
Previous Job Experiences:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in environmental controls, safety, and OSHA compliance in a plant preferred
- NC Wastewater certification preferred
- Hazwoper Technician preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.