Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Coordinate's material requirements and processes orders for packaging supplies, engineering orders, repair/returns, bin-fill, services, and purchased parts by analyzing projected demands, on-hand quantities, and delivery lead times while maintaining target inventory levels, reorder points, and reorder quantities that satisfy plant productivity and cost goals for the Bucyrus Bearing Plant. This Lead position is responsible for the direction of Dept 13 and Supply Chain Associate who perform activities that can include receiving, issuing, storing, order/invoice reconciliation, and tooling dispensing. Functions Integrated Supply Contact Person for indirect material requirements, invoice inquiries, Depts. 13 and Supply Chain LMA Performance issues (including Disciplinary Action) and expedites of indirect materials. Supports direct ship and other supply chain analysts.
SAP contact and issue resolution.
1. Analyze inventory levels, projected demands and lead times to ensure JIT delivery of indirect materials while providing uninterrupted service to Bucyrus Operations.
2. Function as the Leader for problem resolutions concerning purchased parts by leading/tracking communications among Suppliers, Corporate Purchasing, and Integrated Supplier to promote both timely and productive resolutions to these problems.
3. Responsible for coordination of the Supplier Repair Process through communication with Suppliers and the end users, timely returns of items requiring repair, and expediting delivery dates to minimize any interruption to productivity.
4. Represents Procurement, as a source of training/expertise for Purchasing/SAP on Teams/Councils aimed at aiding Bucyrus Operations in meeting plant-wide Goals and Objectives.
5. Directs associates in Departments 13 and 96 including evaluation and communication of Associate Performance, administering disciplinary action, arranging for vacation/absence coverage, scheduling overtime, and scheduling training.
6. Writes/Updates Procedures and Directs associates to ensure that Procedures are followed during Physical Inventory, cycle counting of supplies inventory, and maintenance/supply/retention of required Auditing information. Leads Indirect Physical Inventory if required.
7. Provides daily Direction and assignment of tasks for associates in Departments 13 and Supply Chain LMA.
8. Functions as an SAP Star in PTP. Provide Corporate Testing/Training, aid in SAP Implementation at other Plants, develop/share PTP Work Procedures/Practices, and submit Applix forms to remedy access and issue resolutions.
9. Updates purchasing and tooling procedures as changes occur.
- Expertise in SAP order processing, receiving, and inventory control
- Expertise in SAP Procrument, invoice payment, and inventory control methods.
- Knowledge of general accounting practices, economics, and costing methods.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Products.
Minimum-Associate in Business
Preferred-Bachelor in Business
SAP minimum of 2 years, preferred 4 years
Supply Chain minimum of 4-6 years, preferred 7-9 years
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.