Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As an Engineer, Operations Process Engineering, you'll have a key role in the implementation of assigned process improvement and engineering applications that obtain millions of dollars in savings across a district through a disciplined framework of operational effectiveness and efficiency. You'll also act as a change agent while administering key strategic process improvements throughout the North American Less-than-Truckload (LTL) facilities. This is an opportunity for you to roll up your sleeves and grow as a professional, ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Work directly with district operations leaders to implement engineered Staffing, Dock, Linehaul and Network plans and applications to improve performance
- Front line interaction with our operations leaders, dock, and driver staff to train and support change on new platforms and process changes.
- Partner with Learning and Development (L&D), District Network Managers and Service Center Managers to develop training materials, plans and schedules for frontline employees; implement process improvements on an ongoing basis
- Become an active trainer and change agent throughout the entire company
- Track and monitor results from the plan for needed actions or adjustments across multiple sites
- Act as an accountability advocate within the operations organization in support of the proposed engineering process plans
- Function as a subject matter expert and single point of contact between Engineering and Operations for all engineering and operations applications
- Plan and assist with the execution of transformation events and projects targeted toward improving dock, P&D and linehaul performance
- Collaborate with Engineering and the PMO team to design, develop and pilot tools aimed at reducing cost/CWT, damage frequency and empty miles; improve on-time service, load average and overall safety
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of LTL operations, engineering or related experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends
- Ability to travel up to 65% of the time, including driving and/or flying
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or a related analytical field
- 3 years of LTL operations or related experience
- Strong project management and analytical skills with a track record of proactively identifying potential issues and formulating solutions and contingency plans
- Experience leading continuous improvement, Greenfield and/or transformation projects
- Self-motivated work style; able to set priorities and work independently
- Results-driven focus with the ability to analyze, prioritize and act in accordance with ethics and values to achieve desired results
- Ability to take innovative ideas and translate them to help teams and frontline employees work smarter; able to support the development of self and others to achieve full potential
- Experience understanding/determining the financial impacts of decisions and effectively communicating value propositions
This job requires the ability to:
- Walk and stand for several hours at a time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.