Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Manager, Business Development, you will drive incremental revenue growth and proactively plan for renewals while acting as a single point of contact for the business unit. You will also collaborate with the Strategic Account Managers (SAMs) to establish the overall ground and air expedite account plan and resolve customer issues. Become a part of our growing, dynamic team and we'll help you develop your career to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Promote XPO's full complement of transportation solutions: Regional dedicated truckload, Ground Expedite, Cross Border, Air Freight, Air Charter and Temp Validated Services
- Manage base of accounts to strengthen relationships and promote growth within accounts
- Serve as the customers' primary sales contact supporting their day-to-day activities
- Adapt a consultative customer sales approach and serve as the customer advocate ensuring their needs are surpassed
- Collaborate internally with sales, operations, and pricing departments to establish contract rates with targeted customers
- Build a pipeline of targets by prospecting for business through a variety of activities, including prospecting via phone, web meetings and perform in-person sales visits to uncover and develop new business
- Translate business opportunities into incremental revenues through strong selling activities
- Design and perform quarterly business reviews with customers to measure key performance metrics
- Create and execute a business plan consistent with XPO strategies and initiatives
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 5 years of experience in Brokerage & Expedite sales or third-party logistics
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), including creating formulas in Excel
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation, Supply Chain or Sales and Business Marketing
- Availability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Experience in business development and customer issue resolution
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Proven success exceeding sales goals
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.