Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
H&N Wind and Electric, a division of Timken Motor & Crane Services, is currently seeking a Lead Wind Technician for the Pasco, Washington site. The role of the Wind Technician is to troubleshoot and diagnose electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic malfunctions and perform preventative maintenance on wind turbines. Additionally, this position will serve as project lead. They are the primary contact for management and customers and will be partnered with entry level technicians to train and develop strong skillsets. This position reports to the Field Service Supervisor.
- Serve as project lead
- Perform scheduled maintenance and general service on wind turbines
- Troubleshoot mechanical, hydraulic, electrical issues
- Perform diagnostic electrical analysis
- Maintain and inventory company issued tooling and equipment
- Complete and submit reports upon job completion
- Submit daily and per diem time accurately and on-time
- Train & mentor entry level technicians
- Perform other related job duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience completing up tower generator repairs, to include but not limited to: bearing changes, rotor relead, AWA electrical testing, and wye ring replacements
- Extensive knowledge of multiple turbine platforms to include but not limited to: GE, Vestas, Siemens
- Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to understand, perform, retain, and deliver various skill-related training on operational and safety procedures
- Ability to climb ladders unassisted and work on towers up to 350 feet
- Work indoors/outdoors in extreme heat/cold for extended periods of time
- Frequently handle, move, and/or lift repetitive weight up to 50 lbs
- Experience with and ability to lead and train other technicians in a professional and consistent manner
- Self-initiative with a focus on quality of work and great customer service
- Willing and able to travel 100% of the time
- Driver's License required; CDL preferred
The yearly compensation for this role is $33.00 - $39.00 per hour and is commensurate on experience and education, and could pay more or less than the posted range.
This full-time position is eligible to participate in the company's short-term incentive program, paid time off plan, 401k, and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision. Qualified candidates can apply for this position by clicking on the link located in the job posting at www.careers.timken.com.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.