Mobile Technician II(Job Number: 2218793)
Exciting New Road Tech Program!
Penske Mobile Technician will generally assist in the repair and diagnosis of major components or remove/replace major components at the direction of the Mobile Maintenance Supervisor. Expectations include the ability to perform preventive maintenance (PM) service on various types of equipment (including knuckle booms/forklifts) and to diagnose and repair the following with little or no supervision: Clutches, PTO Systems, Electric Systems, Hydraulic/Air Brake systems, Heating/Air Conditioning Systems, and Instruments and Gauges.
This position is centrally managed by the Mobile Maintenance team at Corp. A large majority of this work will be completed on the customer's yard. The technician will be responsible for maintaining one customer's fleet at multiple locations in a defined territory. Work will include truck repair and preventive maintenance. This is a 1st shift position, Monday – Friday, with potential for additional flexibility.
Work Location: 1210 SW 12th STREET, , Ocala, FL, 34471
- Demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of: Engines (gas and diesel); Power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO's and wheel ends; Electrical systems including starters and alternators; HVAC systems; Steering systems; Electronics to include ECM's, ECU's, sensors, etc.; Engine bolt on items such as turbos, fan clutches, injectors, cooling system, etc.; Brake systems including ABS; and Suspension systems (spring and air)
- Perform mechanical and general appearance reconditioning of equipment for "trade-ins" and prepare new equipment for delivery.
- Identify and determine parts required for repair of disassembled units
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services
- Perform duties with little or no supervision in a timely and efficient manner
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
- Maintain on-site work area appearance, safety, and environmental compliance.
- Comply with all Penske and Customer work requirements
- Road test Vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components etc.
- Order, receive, and charge out parts. Maintain control of parts inventory, including cores, via cycle counts and proper inventory management.
- Serve as primary customer contact for day-to-day customer needs, and escalate as required to sales/operations management.
- Manage tire and wheels, both on equipment via inspections and in inventory. - - Follow Penske safety practices at all times.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 2-4 years practical experience with tractor trailer maintenance required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
- Specialized training in the repair and replacement of vehicle components preferred
- Proficiency in the use of shop tools required
- Current CDL license with air brake certification required, willingness to acquire CDL if you do not have one.
- DOT medical card and/or ability to obtain DOT medical card prior to commencing work.
- Ability to read a map.
- Ability to operate a 26,000 non-articulated vehicle safely and professionally.
- Ability to utilize mapping tools (e.g. Waze)
- Self starter who is able to work with minimal direct oversight.
- Basic computer skills required for data entry into maintenance systems.
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal
history) and drug screening are required
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must
regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.