Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
1st Shift, Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
As the Senior Industrial Engineer, you will be responsible for facility layout and design, manpower planning, project management and scheduling and support for new business development and sales. When you join GXO, we will equip you with the best tools in the industry to grow and develop to a level that will exceed your expectations and help you reach your career goals.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Identify facility design requirements based on activity levels, product dimensional profiles, product flow and transportation methods
- Develop production time studies, head count analyses, downtime analyses, efficiency improvement plans, warehouse slotting and SKU velocity analyses
- Identify bottlenecks and improve flow; analyze inbound, outbound and inventory operations to create and maintain optimum warehouse operations
- Perform value stream mapping, process improvements and standardization across multiple sites
- Assist pricing and solutions teams in providing operational cost and other key info needed for RFPs
- Track KPIs and develop basic analytics for all operational metrics
- Specify material handling and storage equipment solutions
- Develop and manage project plans for major operational improvement activities
- Work with vendors to identify operational equipment and automation solutions
- Support the Maintenance department by developing list of critical spare parts, min/max tracker and daily P&L tracking for Finance
- Convert contract documents, proposals and statements of work into ISO-compliant instructions and standard operating procedures; submit documents to the Quality Management System (QMS)
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field, or equivalent related work or military experience
- 2 years of experience in supply chain management, logistics, warehousing or a related field
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience in an AS9100 or ISO9001 production environment
It'd be great if you also have:
- APICS certification
- Third-Party Logistics (3PL) experience
- Extensive experience in quality, engineering, lean manufacturing and work cell manufacturing; ability to identify best practices in a high-volume production environment
- Experience with analytical tools such as flowcharts, Pareto charts, cause and effect diagrams, run charts, etc.
- Project and resource management experience
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.